(makes approximately 10 truffles)
These truffles are not only cheap to make having only 2 basic ingredients, they can also be made sugar free. These truffles are also the quickest truffle you will ever make, as they do not require any refrigeration. For sugar free truffles, choose sugar free/vegan chocolate chips and peanut butter powder with no added sugar or a sugar substitute like stevia. I used PBfit Sugar Free peanut butter powder and Bake Believe chocolate chips. An important note here is to make sure your decorations are vegan. Many sprinkles contain confectioners glaze or glycerin which are not vegan.
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter powder
- Cocoa Powder, Sugar or Granulated Sugar Substitute & Festive Sprinkles for dusting/decoration
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, mix your peanut butter powder with 2 tbsp of water.
- Add peanut butter to chocolate chips, stirring quickly to combine, as the mixture will start to harden fairly quickly.
- Once hard, use a small scoop and then your hands to roll into approximately 10 balls, rolling each into sprinkles or a mixture of cocoa powder and peanut butter powder if you prefer. You will have to press the sprinkles in a bit to coat the truffles. You can also add some granulated sugar or sugar substitute to the cocoa powder/peanut butter powder mixture for a little extra crunch and sweetness if you like.
Kristen is the mother of two children who are 15 years apart, so saying she is “always on her toes” is an understatement. She is a vegan, a foodie, and a gym rat. Married to her true soul mate, Kristen enjoys travel with her husband and family, as well as more cerebral hobbies like reading and writing poetry and researching nutrition and health. Mrs. Flowers works as an executive assistant from home, but also freelances as a recipe creator and recipe video producer, as well as a content writer. She recently rekindled her love of writing by reentering the blogging world with her blog, Vegan Flowers Forever. As if that isn’t enough, Kristen is the creator and host of an annual charity fundraising event called Vegan Prom Central Florida which is an adult only prom that raises money for local charities. You can find Kristen on Instagram @veganflowersforever, Twitter @VeganFlowers4ev, and on her blog Vegan Flowers Forever (link to www.veganflowersforever.weebly.com – this page will be live in a few days).